Monday, July 18, 2011

Books.......KAL.......Stitch & Pitch...and Spud & Chloe...

knit, Swirl! by Sandra Mclver is in the shops!  It is DIVINE!  Her website is a wealth of knowledge.  I love her designs and her concept.


 We also got in another shipment of Knit Your Own Dog.
These patterns are the perfect hot weather project because they are so small!  No heat rash from that wool afghan to worry about! 
 
 We also got the Stephen West Spectra pattern.  This is our second shipment as we sold out instantly the first time!  This is a very cool shawl/scarf using self-striping yarn.  Speaking of Stephen West, you all should join his mystery knit-a-long.  This link will get you the information you need.  It starts August 1st, but you should get your materials ASAP.  Isn't he adorable?  I miss you, Stephen West!!!!!!
We are just crazy for KAL lately!  Our own Steven is starting another one.  Stay posted for more information on that!  It is a fantastic project as you can customize it to your shape and size. 




Steven, Tim, and I and many very BRAVE knitters attended the Twins game yesterday!  It was HOT!  Hot, Hottie, Hot!  Steven sat with the Stitch & Pitchers....thank you all for coming out!  I sat behind home plate with my friend, Missy!  Thanks for the ticket!  It was so much fun!  I mean, it was hot and steamy, but the Twins won!
 
 Here we are at the game......I was going to put my arm around Steven for the picture, but he shouted "Don't touch me!"  Yeah, lots of love in the heat. Note the Twins sweater he knit out of Twins shoelaces. 

Now, for the BIG, BIG news!  I wish this thing had sound on it....can I get a drum roll please?  Anyone?  Anyone?  *sigh*

We now carry Blue Sky Alpaca and Spud & Chloe!


Our first shipment was Sweater from Spud & Chloe.  This is a 55% superwash wool/45% organic cotton blend.  We also received the following patterns: 
the Lovey Dovey Top pattern, the Buck Hill Pullover, and the School Colors Hoodie
Cute! Cute! Cute!  I am so excited to have this line of yarn at our shops.  Blue Sky is a local MN company and we LOVE supporting our local companies!  Buy local, people!  Well, stay cool everyone and I hope to see you all at class!  Remember, call or email to let us know you are coming! 




No comments: