Monday, April 11, 2011

Feels like Spring!!!!!!!!!!

With Spring arriving, we are reorganizing!  I mentioned it in a previous post, and I thought I would give you an update.  Neither Steven nor I are ever satisfied with the displays and we must rearrange constantly. I am sure you have noticed this trend. I promise we don't do it to confuse you......or our staff.

This time we are moving the wool wall to the back of the shop and bringing all the fabulous spring yarn to the front of the store.  It is amazing how much more bright and inviting it seems now.


Of course, we are still transitioning so please be forgiving if we can't locate your yarn immediately.  We still have all the same yarn we did before, it is just in a different place.  You now have to venture to the very back of the store by the button wall to find your felting wool.  We are pretty confident the felters will track down their wool no matter where it lives in the shop.  All the cotton, bamboo, silk and other spring/summer yarn will smack you in the face when you walk in the door!

I was excited to open a box of Misti Alpaca Pima Silk Handpaint yarn.  It is a Pima cotton and silk blend (yes, there is not one ounce of alpaca fiber in it) and it is PERFECT for a summer tank.  I can't decide which color.........can you?

 Another yarn that I am pretty excited about is Katia Temis.  It is a thick/thin cotton and acrylic blend that is so soft. 

I thought it would be a great summer substitute for the 5 Speed Shawl.  The pattern calls for Misti Alpaca Baby Me Boo. 

You know the sample that Steven infamously wore as pants to show the versatility of the garment?  If I only had a picture of that....

1 comment:

mommaras said...

It is getting closer to my coming home. Can't wait to get there just sorry I can't be there for all the festivities. See you soon. It all looks so yummy.