Monday, December 31, 2012

Show and Tell: Charlize Shawl


Lisa Schwarz (TripKnit on Ravelry) used 1 skein of Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock to make a Charlize Shawl.



She had this to say about it.

My favorite part of knitting Charlize was producing a finished object that is all at once light and lacy, geometric and curv. And I’m in love with the Three Irish Girls Roisin colorway -- Sharon is a color genius and this one never got old - wish I had more!

If you’re planning to knit this pattern, make a vow to “stay found.” If you lose your place in the deceptively simple lace pattern, you probably won’t know it until several hundred stitches later when you have the wrong number of stitches at the end of a row. The Ravelry notes from several knitters had very good tips for reading this particular lace pattern to avoid that problem. But check for the notes before you run into trouble -- ask me how I know. :)

Thanks, Lisa! If you want to read about her travels, check out her blog here.

The photo is from Lisa's Ravelry page, and is used with her permission.

Want to share your story? Email me at jessie at stevenbe dot com.

Want to buy something you read about here? Call us! 612-259-7525.

Happy New Year, everyone! What will 2013 bring to your knitting bag?

1 comment:

Pearl* said...

Utterly gorgeous! I'm nipping over RIGHT NOW to get the pattern! Happy New Year!