Monday, December 10, 2012

Show and Tell: Prismatic Scarf


Tammany (LadyBugMama on Ravelry) used 2 skeins of Three Irish Girls Wexford Merino Silk to make a beautiful Prismatic Scarf by Huan-Hua Chye.




She had this to say about it:
Besides the yarn, which was wonderful to work with, I think my favorite part of this project was learning to knitted on i-cord. It was easy to do and made a really nice finished edge to the piece.

Overall, this was a very simple knit. If I had to give advice though, I’d say to make sure one was able to concentrate. It’s very easy to put the knits and purls in the wrong places. I did have to rip back a couple of times because I was too busy talking and not paying close enough attention to the pattern.

On a different note, she also wrote: I don’t use my personal blog much, but I’d appreciate it if you would link to the Schuyler Blanket Project. It’s a project I helped to start in honor of my daughter, Schuyler, who passed away at birth. We make blankets for parents who have lost children. The blog is here and we have a group on Ravelry as well.

What a lovely project and memory, Tammany. Thanks for sharing.

The photos are from Tammany's Ravelry page, and are used with her permission.

Want to share your story? Email me at jessie at stevenbe dot com.

Want to buy something you read about here? Call us! 612-259-7525.

No comments: