Monday, July 22, 2013

Show and Tell: Cap Sleeve Lattice Top

Jodi (JodiTheGrandma) knit a Cap Sleeve Lattice Top out of 1 skein each of Schoppel-Wolle Leinen Los and madelinetosh tosh merino light.



This is what she had to say about it.

I decided to do mine in the round at a gauge of about 5.5 sts/in. Since I wear a small, I altered it down to 176sts (I knit it in the round), which left me with 88sts for the front and 88sts for the back (which happened to be multiples of 3+1 for the ‘lattice’ portion). I knit to 14” for the body of the piece because it was more flattering for my body at that length. A simple Kitchener stitch hid the seaming on the back pretty well… in fact, I can wear it either way because they look about the same!

It was nice to work on something totally basic since I’ve been doing a lot of car/movie/social-time knitting and need to not always be looking :)

Thanks, Jodi! It looks so nice for summer heat. Photo is used with her permission.

Want to buy supplies for something you read about here? Call us! 612-259-7525.

Want to share your story? Email me at jessie at stevenbe dot com

No comments: