Monday, July 29, 2013

Show and Tell: Queen for A Day!

Amy Shelton, the Co-owner and Online Manager of Crochetville, wrote to share a story about her Queen for a Day pattern and our very own Steven.



I first met Steven when he had a booth at the Knit & Crochet Show in Minneapolis in 2011. Although I had a very busy conference schedule, I managed to carve out time to visit the uber-fabulous StevenBe store in Minneapolis, not to mention spending a lot of time in his booth on the show floor. I love sparkle and glitter just about as much as Steven does, so I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! I was thrilled to learn Steven had a booth at the Knit & Crochet Show in Indianapolis last week.

Because you can never have too much sparkle, I designed some crowns to wear in the booth to grab the attention of show attendees. The crowns make people smile, and many stop to talk with me about them. Since I'm selling Red Heart yarn in my booth, we were wearing the crowns made from their brand of cotton thread (the silver one is also heavily beaded). My good friend, crochet designer Tammy Hildebrand, and I wore the crowns in the booth and when walking around the show floor.

Every time Steven saw us, he mentioned the crowns and how much he needed to have one of his own. Well, I just happened to have a couple extra crowns up in my room: the first one I designed using Filatura di Crosa's New Smoking yarn. What was a sparkle-loving girl to do? Obviously, I had to run up to the room, grab a Queen for the Day crown, and present it to Steven as a gift!

He gave me the biggest hug, put it right on his head, and told me he was going to wear it when he emceed The Knitting Guild Association's Fun Night that evening. Saturday morning, he told me he actually had worn the crown that night.

Steven mentioned starting a Crown Club for all his wonderful Diva customers who deserve a crown of their very own. What a fabulous idea!

The Queen for a Day pattern is available in these locations:

Crochetville:
http://www.crochetville.com/community/files/file/7-queen-for-a-day-crown/

Ravelry:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/queen-for-a-day-crown

Thanks, Amy! It looks fabulous.


No comments: