Monday, August 19, 2013

Show and Tell: Dangly Orange

Gail (roadrunnerknitter on Ravelry) made a Dangly Orange out of 2 skeins of Shibui Knits Linen.



This is what she had to say about it:

I think it is a versatile pattern, lending itself to many types of yarn: wool, linen, silk, cotton. I do think it looks better with a larger needle and a yarn weight that can create an open look. That’s what makes it look so lacy and floaty. The pattern does cause the yarn to curl a bit at one end, but I think that adds to the appearance. I and others added beads, and I think it would just fine without any. It’s a very wide shawl relative to its depth, and someone could change the look by doing increases also on the WS, something I might try if I knit it again. They could also just add more stockinette and eyelet rows for more depth.

Thanks for sharing, Gail! Photo is used with her permission.

Want to buy supplies for something you read about here? Call us! 612-259-7525.

Want to share your story? Email me at jessie at stevenbe dot com.

No comments: