Monday, February 4, 2013

Show and Tell: Bellybutton Baby Blanket

Lara Neel (of the Math4Knitters podcast) designed a gorgeous baby blanket using six skeins of glorious Malabrigo Rios, a machine-washable, worsted-weight yarn that is hand-dyed and to-die-for! This is what she had to say about it:






"When I saw how this yarn just about glows with color, I knew I needed to do something that would accentuate those color changes. So, I made up a stitch pattern that's easy to work, but adds fun ripples into the design. As a bonus, the center of the blanket has a little bellybutton - I love it because it's a reminder that a baby is a new start! Of course, I think you should use this yarn, but it would also be a good stashbuster project."

Photos are from her Ravelry page, and are used with her permission. You can see more photos and other designs on her Jux page. You can buy the pattern either through Ravelry or her website

Thanks, Lara! It's so pretty!

Want to share your story? Email me at jessie at stevenbe dot com.

Want to buy something you read about here? Call us! 612-259-7525.

No comments: