Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Coming Up (or, actually, Down) - Lucy Neatby!


Lucy Neatby, the knitter/designer/fiberholic/teacher with the striking pink hair, is coming to visit!



Thursday, 10/18
10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
StevenBe
Every Knitter Should Know...
Join Lucy to discover some of her favorite and most dependable knitting techniques. These are the skills that underlay even the most exotic knitting; every knitter should know them before leaving home! With these techniques in hand, you will become a braver and more confident knitter, able to tackle the wild seas of your imagination.

Save your place by registering right now.

AND, later that day...
2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
StevenBe
The Secret World of Stitches 
A rather wonderful sneak peek into the way Lucy sees her stitches. You will learn how her approach to knitting, teaching, yarns and colour has developed over the years. We’ll take a look at how designs evolve and the challenges of filming, writing, teaching and traveling in the knitting world.

You can register for that class here.

In her own words:
“I’ve been knitting of my own volition since I was 17. I’m a technical knitter, I love to find out why things work. My approach to design is heavily influenced by whatever technique is currently absorbing me. My designs and patterns are almost technique samplers aimed at introducing a variety of skills within a project. I love to teach knitting skills and to enhance knitters’ understanding of yarn and stitch structure.

Making your stitches smile is all important to me!”
- Lucy

No comments: