Monday, October 29, 2012

Show and Tell: Yarden


Nancy Whitman (whitknitsdotcom on Ravelry) of Whitknits.com made her own pattern that uses 2 contrasting skeins of Madelinetosh Pashmina, Yarden.



This is what she had to say about it.

What I liked most about the project was that it’s a fairly simple design and yet the result looks more interesting than the effort required. Yarn, pattern, color choices and everything came together on the first try. A big plus for a designer.

Why I liked the yarn:

This was my first time working with Pashmina and it was love at first touch. Pashmina was very an easy yarn to knit, gentle on my hands and gave quick results making the project fun and rewarding. Also, the way Pashmina takes dye is just lovely.

I would encourage my friends to knit Yarden in Pashmina for many of the reasons I already said. It’s a great choice for a fast project and the yarn is a treat to use. We should treat ourselves to working with such a luxurious yarn from time to time. By playing with different colors of Pashmina, and there are plenty to chose from, you can end up with a subtle, sophisticated and feminine shawl or an eye popping colorful one.

It's lovely, Nancy!

(The photo is from Nancy's Ravelry site, with her permission.)

Want to share your story? Email me at jessie at stevenbe dot com.

Want to buy a yarn you read about here? Call us! 612-259-7525.

No comments: