Monday, October 22, 2012

Show and Tell: Zuzu Has A Hat


Ina (Hyina on Rav) made this Zuzu Has a Hat - Test Knit out of 1 skein of madelinetosh pashmina. (In fact, she had plenty leftover!)



Ina said,

“As for the yarn…divine. It is absolutely wonderful to knit, as wonderful to wear and the colour options are incredible. I have quite a bit of it in my stash just waiting to be knit into sweaters and shawls.

This project is a hat designed by Carina Spencer called Second Chance. It is designed to match last year’s success, Zuzu’s Petals (a cowl). I knit Zuzu’s Petals using the Pashmina. In fact, 1 skein of Pashmina is sufficient for the hat and cowl.

My favourite part of knitting this project was the yarn. It is so soft it feels like a hot knife in butter. To squish the skein is one thing, but to knit with it is a whole new experience. I could have finished this hat a lot quicker if I hadn’t stopped to admire and pet my project so often.

The pattern is fairly simple but stitch markers are your friend. Also, I recommend the cowl pattern to use up the whole skein. They hat and cowl make great Christmas gifts!”

Thanks, Ina! Lovely knitting.

(The photo is from Ina's Ravelry site, with her permission.)

Want to share your story? Email me at jessie at stevenbe dot com.

Want to buy something you read about here? Call us! 612-259-7525.

No comments: