Monday, January 14, 2013

Show and Tell - University of Minnesota Socks


Cheryl Hamm wrote in to share her awesome, University of Minnesota-inspired socks and a hat Steven designed for her.



This is what she had to say:

"Steven, I purchased this yarn from your store a couple weeks ago which one of the knitters on your staff suggested and knitted the socks for my granddaughter's team mate that she plays hockey with on the Rochester John Marshall team.  She had her friend's name as her Secret Santa.  My granddaughter, Blair asked me to knit the socks in maroon and gold as her team mate will be playing softball next year at the University of Minnesota.

I also last year knit my granddaughter, Blair a slouch hat in black and red that you designed for me and it turned out so cute with a big red flower on the side of the hat.  Blair wears it before all her hockey games and one of the coaches (a young woman) just loves it and some of her teammates asked Blair if I would knit them a hat.  I don't believe I will do that as that hat was quite an undertaking for me with the backwards braid, but it was your idea to alternate the colors in black and red and everyone loved it!

The socks are much easier for me and I love to knit socks."

Thanks, Cheryl! They are lovely and filled with team spirit!

Want to share your story? Email me at jessie at stevenbe dot com.

Want to buy something you read about here? Call us! 612-259-7525.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I would love to see a picture of the hat!